For the mousse:
- 150 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 30 ml icing sugar
- 15 ml rose water
- 125 ml fresh cream, whipped
- For the Sugar-grilled cherries
- 200 g cherries, pitted and halved
- 20 ml brown sugar
- 50 g walnuts, toasted and finely chopped, to serve
For the Topping:
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
PREPARATION OF THE RECIPE
Serves 4 – 40 minutes + 4 hours to set
- For the mousse, melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler (do not allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl). Remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar and whip until stiff. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the rose water. Fold in the whipped cream and spoon into 4 small glasses. Refrigerate to set, at least 4 hours. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- For the sugar-grilled cherries, place the cherries on a baking tray, sprinkle over the brown sugar and bake, 10 minutes.
- Serve each mousse topped with some grilled cherries and chopped walnuts. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.