- 230 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 100 g (1⁄2 cup) white sugar
- 150 g (1⁄4 cup) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 210 g (13⁄4 cups) cake flour
- 25 g (1⁄4 cup) cocoa powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1⁄2 tsp) salt
- 150 g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 100 g almonds, finely chopped
PREPARATION OF THE RECIPE
Makes 15-20 cookies – 30 Minutes + 10 Minutes to bake
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract, while continuing to mix on low speed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Add the white chocolate, chocolate chips and almonds, and mix into the dough.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto baking trays, leaving enough space between the cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving with strawberry and vanilla- flavoured milk.