- 100 g cold butter
- 100 g spelt flour
- 75 g wheat flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 egg
- butter for the tart tin
- extra flour for dusting
- 300 g plums
PREPARATION OF THE RECIPE
Serves 4-6 – 20 minutes + 1.5 hours resting + 40 minutes baking time – Ø 28 cm tart tin
- To make the pastry, cut the butter into small pieces and mix with the flour, salt, sugar and egg in the food processor to make a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Wash and pit the plums and cut into quarters. Butter and flour the tart form.
- Roll out the dough on a flour-dusted-surface. Roll it around the rolling pin and unroll again in the tart tin. Prick the dough several times with a fork. Chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Prebake the pastry for 10 minutes.
- Spread the plum quarters on the dough until everything is covered. Bake the tart for another 30 minutes until the plums are soft and juicy and the crust is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.